Must Read What can't I ...? Missing functionality.

Clay Gordon
@clay
01/05/15 11:09:13AM
1,680 posts

Why can't I ...

• Rate an image or post or other content?
  • Like a piece of content?
  • Upload a video?

Answer:

You are still a part of the " unassigned " member group. To change that:

1. Go to your profile by clicking your username on the top nav.
  2. Click on the gear icon at the upper right of your profile.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
  4. Select the member groups from the Profile Quota (member group) popup that best describes the personal or business reason for being a member of TheChocolateLife.
    1. All of the profile quotas shown have the same features and functionality.
  5. Click the " Save Changes " button.
  6. You should now see the missing features.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 06/29/23 06:55:17PM
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
01/24/15 08:45:42AM
251 posts

Old Messages: It looks like none of my messages transfered over. Is that correct? I had a bunch of old messages for reference. Are they accessible somehow?

updated by @chocofiles: 01/24/15 08:46:46AM
Clay Gordon
@clay
01/24/15 10:18:01AM
1,680 posts

Old Messages

ChocoFiles:
It looks like none of my messages transfered over. Is that correct? I had a bunch of old messages for reference. Are they accessible somehow?

No, none of the messages from the old site was transferred over, as I explained in at least one of my emails about the switch.

Howewer, they are still can be found on the old site, which is at discoverchocolate.ning.com. Log in with your old email address and password.

The site will up until at least the end of February so people can review their message box and take any necessary steps. Once I close that site down everything there will be lost forever.

Old Messages

No, none of the messages were transferred over to the new site. As I explained in at least one of the emails discussing the move, your old messages are on the old site, which is now at discoverchocolate.ning.com. Log in with your email and the password you used on the original site and you can go view your messages. The old site will be up at least through the end of February.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@clay
El Jefe - See more at: http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/forum/faqs-on-using-the-new-site/14478/what-cant-i-missing-functionality#sthash.m5laWEOA.dpuf

--
Sebastian
@sebastian
01/31/15 06:38:00AM
754 posts

Speaking of messages - and it's probably because i'm not drinking enough coffee - but i can't for the life of me see how to send a message to someone on the new site.  I've seen reference to private messages, but it's not apparent to me how one actually sends the private message.  Is the funtionality not implimented yet, am i just getting too old to find the new technology, or is there a secret decoder ring one needs to use to find it 8-)

Clay Gordon
@clay
01/31/15 10:26:46AM
1,680 posts

Sebastian -

The Private Notes function is implemented. You can find it by hovering over your name in the top nav. It should be the first item.

There is a twist, however. Right now you can only send Private Notes to people who are following you. This is done to prevent spammers using the Private Notes capability. If you want to connect with someone using Private Notes, the best thing to do is to go to their Profile and Follow them. If their account is set up to accept all follow requests, the Follow button will be replaced by Following. If the member's profile is set to "Approve Followers" then the button will be set to Pending and you will get an email when they approve.

I can turn the "only send notes to followers" off, and it might make sense to do that for the next month or so as members slowly claim their accounts. I will have to think about that.

--
Sebastian
@sebastian
01/31/15 05:43:41PM
754 posts

Got it - thanks.  I'm sure that was pointed out somewhere and i've just not been present enough to catch it - thanks.

Clay Gordon
@clay
01/31/15 07:41:07PM
1,680 posts

Sebastian -

For what it's worth, when I turned it on, I did not expect to find it in the top nav. I searched for it and searched for it ... and ended up having to ask the dev team where it was when it wasn't where I expected to be. Doh. Homer Simpson moment.

--

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores