bad batch of chocolate callets?

Jessica O'Keeffe
@jessica-okeeffe
07/14/15 04:19:29PM
6 posts

Hello, I hope someone can help please

Over the weekend I have tempered over 15kg of both dark and white chocolate using the seeding method with no issue however when I come to the milk chocolate I am having nothing but issues

I am using barry callebeaut, honeycomb( not coated in coco butter) pieces set in the middle, vacume form plastic moulds ( polished)

I am checking the temper before use and it is always fine, the back of the chocolate and the chocolate itself once set is fine but I am still having issues with bloom? Can you get a bad batch from the supllier? 

please can anyone help! I cant upload an image as it wont allow me to? sorry

Kerry
@kerry
07/14/15 04:42:17PM
288 posts

I've found with things like honeycomb which are great insulators - that I get bloom if I don't get them in the fridge for a few minutes while the chocolate is crystallizing furiously. Milk chocolate seems to be the worst for this.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Jessica O'Keeffe
@jessica-okeeffe
07/15/15 05:50:10AM
6 posts

Thank you, I'm attempting another small batch today and will try to fridge them immediately

Its only the side in direct contact with the mould so i think its not cooling quick enough and the immediate chill will hopefully resolve this- i will post my results later!

Jessica O'Keeffe
@jessica-okeeffe
08/04/15 07:57:38AM
6 posts

Just wanted to thank you for your help, refrigerating it immediately worked a treat and did exactly what I needed!

Kerry
@kerry
08/04/15 09:31:39AM
288 posts

Excellent - glad it worked for you.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores