Keeping chocolate in temper

jisimni_mark
@joe-john
11/07/15 08:36:07AM
20 posts

Hello folks,

Any idea how to keep the chocolate in temper. I make one mould, and it gets too thick for a 2nd one, so I will need to heat it carefully each time, and stir like a maniac.

Heard you can buy a chocolate melter and putting the tempered chocolate in it to maintain at working temperature. Seems like a good idea. Any (inexpensive) melters you would recommend? I don't need a huge melter. I'm based in Europe...

Thank you!

Thomas Snuggs
@thomas-snuggs
11/07/15 11:11:44PM
23 posts

I use the Mol d'Art 6 Kg melter just for that purpose and it works great for me. They also make a 3Kg melter. I have no affiliation with the company.

http://www.moldart.be/en/producten/chocolate-machinery/chocolate-melters/

jisimni_mark
@joe-john
11/08/15 06:49:52AM
20 posts

excellent! thank you sir! :)

Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
11/08/15 06:07:33PM
98 posts

Check out Chocovisions tempering machines, varied sizes and not overly expensive. Sounds like you might be over seeding your chocolate?

Dallas
@dallas
11/10/15 10:49:08AM
29 posts

I'll second the Mol d'Art suggestion. 

I use different ones, sized from 3kg up to 12kg...they serve their purpose very well, and the price is right. They're very lightweight, can be easily moved around the kitchen, and can be put away when not in use.

docesobremesa
@docesobremesa
11/12/15 03:49:33AM
7 posts

Hi there check out the Swiss chocolate melter. It's Swiss but not that expensive I think 

https://www.kreaswiss.com/en/food-equipment/chocMELTER20kg

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores