For Sale: Cocoatown 12SL Melangers

eatingevolved
@eatingevolved
01/11/16 02:36:34PM
6 posts

For sale, used Cocoatown melangers in good working condition with new belts.  Multiple units available for purchase.

Unit description:

ECGC-12SL CocoaT Melanger is a granite stone on granite stone grinder to grind cocoa bean nibs to chocolate liquor. Melanger is an ideal tool for chocolatiers who want to make chocolate from bean to bar or cocoa nibs to cocoa liquor. The melanger has enhanced ventilation system and helps to grind 8 – 10 lbs of cocoa nibs for 24 hours or more.

Melangers have two #3 black granite stone rollers that rotate at 135 -140 rpm on a granite slab. This creates tremendous shear and reduces the particles of sugar and cocoa to the smoothness expected in modern chocolate, about 15 micron range.

The roller stones and wiper are attached to the stainless steel shaft, and the whole roller stone assembly, is removable as one piece. They are easy to clean, handle and store. The roller stone assembly is locked into the lid for reproducible tension. The conical roller stones serve dual function – conching in addition to grinding.

Deluxe Melanger is ideal for small chocolate businesses or for R&D to develop recipes for big businesses. In addition to grinding cocoa nibs, deluxe melanger can also be used to grind nut butters, tahini, and more. It grinds upto 8 lbs of cocoa nibs in a single batch.

$250 per machine.

IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg  •  484KB

updated by @eatingevolved: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
eatingevolved
@eatingevolved
01/11/16 02:38:03PM
6 posts

Email contactus@eatingevolved.com for more information.

Alek Dabo
@alek-dabo
01/17/16 07:56:38PM
31 posts

Hello Primal chocolate!

I've sent you an email at the address. Looking forward to reading your answer.

Alek

--
Alain d'Aboville
Fine Chocolates
alek@daboville.com

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores