Help with Enrober!

fat-bomb
@fat-bomb
02/24/16 02:24:38PM
2 posts

Hello, 

I recently started a nutrition bar company. We cover our nut butter centers in dark chocolate. I purchased the chocovision revolation 3z as well as the chocovision enrober. 

After several attempts I returned the enrober because the curtain of chocolate would not properly cover my bars. Our chocolate is thin and therefore had trouble coming out as a solid curtain of chocolate. Are there any other cost efficient enrobers? Or is there a good/fast way to cover bars in chocolate? Right now I am toothpicking each bar, dipping them, removing the toothpick, and dotting each hole. 

Thanks!!!!

Clay Gordon
@clay
02/24/16 02:36:31PM
1,680 posts

The enrobing option for the Chocovision machines is not well thought out, unfortunately. It would be great if it worked.

The least-expensive continuous tempering machine / enrober combination is the FBM Prima, I believe. Hourly tempering capacity is up to 30kg and, depending on the dimensions of the bars you can easily put hundreds an hour through the machine.

You can download a catalog page  here .

All of the enrober belts with FBM machines are complete - pre-bottomers (which you want for your product), net beaters, air, take-off belts, and double-curtain veils to ensure complete product coverage.

TCF Sales in Texas is the US dealer for these machines. I can put you in touch directly if you like.

The only lower-cost alternative I can think of is a used machine.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
fat-bomb
@fat-bomb
02/27/16 09:29:00AM
2 posts

Thanks! Would I need to buy the Single phase 220V 60Hz and the Enrobing attachment seperate? 

Clay Gordon
@clay
02/27/16 08:29:01PM
1,680 posts

The enrober attachment is an option for the Prima. It plugs into the Prima and not into the wall, if that's your question. The functions of the enrober are controlled by the control panel on the Prima, except for the stop/start using the pedal.

The Prima is available 220V 60Hz single-phase or 3-phase as well as in 50Hz versions.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
RegardsSent
@regardssent
12/19/16 12:15:24PM
12 posts

Hello Clay,

New member here.  I would appreciate being put in contact with the FBM rep in Texas as well. 

Thank you

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores