Prices of equipment from Europe- movement in prices?

RegardsSent
@regardssent
12/28/16 12:32:38PM
12 posts

I am wondering if prices have come down or show any type of pattern on importing machines applicable to 

our chocolate businesses?  Anyone had recent experiences or observations?  Are there sources one can be confident in to

check this out?

Clay Gordon
@clay
12/28/16 01:34:54PM
1,680 posts

The major change I've seen is that the US$ is now stronger than the €uro. Otherwise, prices are fairly stable. Ocean shipping costs can vary depending on the cost of fuel and differences in cost structures between shipping companies.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
chefpatissier
@chefpatissier
12/29/16 04:42:30AM
7 posts

Being in Europe myself I would be curious to know what machines you are considering worthy of being shipped in comparison to machine being fabricated in the US?  As I am also looking at doing the opposite.

updated by @chefpatissier: 12/29/16 04:43:04AM
RegardsSent
@regardssent
12/29/16 12:30:06PM
12 posts

I am thinking of enrobers. I am not far from the starting line in my research and experience with these type of machines.  There seems to be a pattern or perhaps even a consensus that generally European brands (Italian, German) appear to have the better equipment.  I don't know about customer service but I hope that having a US market for their goods would logically require ongoing positive support. If the equipment is of high quality and reliability the good news should be that customer service will not be used as much.  

What equipment is of interest to you traveling in the opposite direction?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores