Looking for a quality Caribbean chocolate bar

PeteJones
@petejones
03/06/17 08:53:52AM
1 posts

Good morning everyone -

I am Pete, the Food & Beverage Director of the soon-to-be opened Park Hyatt St. Kitts resort. One of Park Hyatt's values is to integrate our brand into the communities we are located. We try to provide an authentic experience, embracing local customs and products.

To this end I am searching for a high quality chocolate bar to place in our minibars. I haven't been able to source anything suitable in St. Kitts and Nevis, so am expanding my search to neighbouring Caribbean islands. As the product will be in the minibar, a longer shelf life is preferable.

If you have a suitable product, or know of a product, please get in touch here.

updated by @petejones: 04/04/17 06:15:11AM
Sebastian
@sebastian
03/06/17 03:53:13PM
754 posts

You might consider contacting the governments of Trinidad/Tobago, or Jamaica as they both fund activities in this area.  There's a few in grenada as well (although i've not had them for some time).  A great deal of cocoa grows in the DR as well, and i'd suggest you speak with Max at Rizek cacao.

Alternatively, give my family a room for a week and i'll teach you how to do it yourself ;-)

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores