Chocolate Geode

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/02/17 06:29:26AM
754 posts

http://www.thisisinsider.com/baking-students-create-spectacular-chocolate-geodes-2017-3

I don't often post things of this nature, but this is just too cool to pass up.  Fantastic imagination and technical work!

updated by @sebastian: 04/16/17 08:47:37PM
Sweet Impact Mama
@sweet-impact-mama
04/03/17 09:08:32AM
14 posts

Isn't that amazing! I had no less than 4 of my customers send me the link to this video and ask when I was going to make one. Lol! It will be my project recipe for next Easter - creating smaller versions of this to sell. Can you imagine how much fun it would be for kids to open up?!?

Sebastian
@sebastian
04/03/17 09:51:38PM
754 posts

Let me know when you make them, i'll be a customer 8-)

Kerry
@kerry
04/13/17 08:54:51PM
288 posts

I've started playing - just halves so far - I have one that is a room temperature and another that I am crystallizing at 30º C as I read that bigger crystals form at warmer temperatures.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Sebastian
@sebastian
04/13/17 08:55:54PM
754 posts

Yes, generally speaking, the slower you can induce the process, the larger they will grow.  Looking forward to seeing  your results!

Kerry
@kerry
04/16/17 08:54:43PM
288 posts

Disappointing crystals at room temperature- the picture on the right.

Much improved at 30º C. Wish the pictures did a better job of showing how lovely the crystals are on the left picture. I'll try to carefully chip away at the overlying crust to reveal the underlying crystals after I'm convinced it's completely dry and finished growing.  

IMG_4649.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

--
www.eztemper.com

Sweet Impact Mama
@sweet-impact-mama
04/16/17 09:03:02PM
14 posts

Nice job! Now what sort of "base" did you grow these on? Did you create a hollow chocolate egg and put the solution inside? It makes sense that warmer is better. I know when my kids were littles and we were learning about crystal formation, sugar crystals had to be grown near the furnace vent. 

Kerry
@kerry
04/16/17 09:09:44PM
288 posts

I used a couple of large metal egg molds - I crumpled some foil then covered the crumpled foil with more foil. Poured the syrup into the foil in the mold. 

--
www.eztemper.com

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores