Interesting Product/Business Ideas in the Current Economy

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/03/09 01:48:24PM
1,680 posts
I received an e-mail today that caught my eye as a creative way to sell chocolate in this economy - and help people stand out in their job search: The chocolate bar resume .Which got me to think - what interesting products might ChocolateLife members be making to attract new business.Jeff Shepherd over at Lillie Belle farms has been sharing the excitement (and dismay) generated by his VooDoo bunnies (scroll down and click on the photo links).What's working for you that you don't mid sharing with the rest of us?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/15/15 02:29:02AM
James Cary
@james-cary
05/20/09 02:30:54AM
32 posts
Those Voodoo bunnies are wild! I was in Boston recently and stopped in at LA Burdick. They had bunnies for Easter along with their signature mice. But Lillie Belle farms takes it to a whole new level! :)
Stephanie
@stephanie
05/20/09 11:16:48AM
3 posts
Burdick's have cute little bunnies and mice. Even their ghosts are cute (and tasty!) at halloween - not gory. Lillie Belle's are definitely in a different category!
James Cary
@james-cary
05/21/09 07:23:21PM
32 posts
I know.. Burdick's are almost too cute to eat and Lillie Belle's are almost too disgusting to eat. Is there some happy medium? :)
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
05/29/09 03:43:05AM
104 posts
whats working for me are events. I just teamed up with a make-your-own-wine company for a pairing event. It was very successful and people walked away buying both wine and chocolate afterwards in addition to the fee they paid for the tasting.
Jeff
@jeff
05/29/09 01:59:34PM
94 posts
with easter now long past and mothers day out the door I am appalled that i still am making those gory assed bunnies; but we are....demand is high....but right now its all about selling the fresh strawberries off of our farm in the retail store. Up at 6am, pick berries, dipped and on the counter by 9am....doesnt get any fresher.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores