Metal Molds and chocolate release

Steve Kurz
@steve-kurz
04/12/09 10:39:28AM
10 posts

I have some metal molds that were my father's when he was a candy maker. Some of these molds are pretty rare and I enjoy making Easter chocolates for family and friends. However, this year, the chocolate did not release property.Could this be from overheating the chocolate (Nestle Eastchester) or could it be from the molds not being clean? Or a combination of the two?Could I use a "release agent" on the molds before filling?Thanks for any information. I appreciate it.
updated by @steve-kurz: 04/20/15 03:59:44AM
Kerry
@kerry
04/13/09 09:45:08AM
288 posts
Steve,I've done a fair bit of molding in metal molds. Chocolate that is properly in temper will contract properly and release itself from the molds.Polishing the mold with a soft lint free cloth first is always a good idea - but proper temper is the key.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Steve Kurz
@steve-kurz
04/13/09 09:57:03AM
10 posts
Thanks. That is probably my problem.
Luis Dinos Moro
@luis-dinos-moro
04/14/09 09:15:39PM
15 posts
It was probably not in temper.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores