Fondeurs

ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
12/10/09 09:01:48
251 posts
As I review chocolate bars I make note of whether a company is a "bean to bar" company or a "fondeur". I'd like to use this thread to ask whether certain companies are fondeurs or b2b. I want to be clear the I use the term "fondeur" as purely a descriptive term that Clay suggested to differentiated these companies from bean to bar makers. I don't intend this term to have any derogatory connotations; it is meant to be descriptive not qualitative.It would help if we do a little homework first, though. First, check the TCL "Chocolate Maker" database to see if the company is bean to bar. There are a few fondeurs listed there too. Second, check any websites for information about the company in question.I've attached my list of Bean to bar makers and Fondeurs as it has more listed than the database at TCL.
updated by @chocofiles: 05/21/15 18:20:02
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
12/10/09 16:00:22
251 posts
Andrea Stainer .An Italian company. Here's a list of their products.Are they a fondeur? I suspect so because I can't find any information about the chocolate itself. They have beautiful packaging and a very wide range of products.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
12/11/09 06:47:24
251 posts
Debelis From their website: "Debelis Corp., headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin (USA) is a dedicated producer of chocolate ingredients for professional users."A line of couverture. Connected with Belcolade. From their website: "Debelis is the brand for all chocolate products manufactured by one of our 2 other dedicated factories and supplied directly to the industry."So who makes the chocolate? It seems like Belcolade. If so, does that qualify Debelis as a fondeur? I doubt that Debelis is making any chocolate b2b in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Clay Gordon
@clay
12/11/09 07:50:18
1,680 posts
Debelis and Belcolade are both owned by the Puratos Group, which makes more than just chocolate. Belcolade is their European (Belgium) chocolate maker and Debelis is their US chocolate maker. Debelis makes chocolate from the bean and sells it only wholesale. They are "bean-to-bar" but not "bean-to-mouth."They make and sell all kinds of chocolate and cocoa products - but only wholesale.That is one nuance/issue that I think might be at the heart of Alan McClure's (Patric) trying to distinguish between chocolate manufacturers and chocolate makers. I think he's talking about scale. From my perspective it's the "do they make and distribute bars for retail sale under their own or some other label" or "do they only sell wholesale to companies who turn around and work with it?"

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.