TCL Chocolate Makers Database

ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
12/11/09 10:15:57
251 posts
Now that the " Bean to bar makers " thread is locked we need a place to post about the TCL Chocolate Makers Database . (BTW, the hyperlink on the database tells people to post updates on the locked thread too, so that needs to be changed.)I'm enthusiastic about this database and I'd love for it to become the authoritative source for information. Many more entries need to be added, though.I'd also like to suggest that all TCL members be given access to updating, adding to, and deleting from the records. As it now stands once a record is entered I can't go back and make any corrections. I have to go somewhere like this forum, and ask someone (Clay I guess) to make and additions or deletions. This is very cumbersome and a waste of time for all involved. I'm afraid that it will inhibit people from adding more information.Case in point... I just added the entry for Debelis but I've already found a better website. http://www.debelis.org/about_us/Debelis_Corp/default.asp . So what would be very simple for me to change now becomes very tedious. Anyway, O Powers That Be, please change the website to this one. (BTW, I also entered an incorrect email address when I made a typo, but I can't change that now either.)The database currently also has other limitations, but I'm very glad that at least it can now be printed.
updated by @chocofiles: 04/19/15 04:00:57
Clay Gordon
@clay
12/11/09 16:35:59
1,680 posts
Olorin:Please believe me, I am well aware of the limitations of the current and previous systems. I am working on finding something and I have become convinced that I will have to write (or pay someone to write) an application specific for this purpose.One of the challenges I face is that something like this is too easy to SPAM and worse if it's open to everyone and anyone to add, edit, delete, etc. At the same time, I know that it's an impediment to updating if it's too difficult.I am open to suggestions, which includes giving some people who want to work on this project (for credit) administrative access, the ability to comment, add new items flagged for review before publishing, and other techniques. I think I may try to get this done by the end of the year, so the more input I have the better.:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Shelley Stewart
@shelley-stewart
04/21/11 19:11:18
1 posts

I second the motion that members be able to change their email addresses, etc. My old email address is no longer working, and I would love to be able to change it to my chocolate-business email anyway.

Please see if this feature can be changed.

Thanks,

Shelley Stewart

Chocolate Magnolia

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.