Where can I find for purchase a wide selection of chocolate from a variety of different fine chocolatiers?

April Susan
@april-susan
01/09/10 02:30:59AM
12 posts
Greetings to my fellow chocolate lovers. The passage of time effects surprising changes.... I was the girl on the block who gave away her Halloween candy. I didn't like sweets - especially chocolate! Fast forward many years - and here I am posting on thechocolatelife. I'm fairly new to fine chocolate. I'm looking for a company that I can order from that sells a selection - not just from one chocolatier. Chatham's stock represented 200+ chocolates from fine chocolatiers world-wide. Any suggestions for websites, companies, etc.? Unfortunately, Chatham's of Scottsdale/Phoenix has closed shop.
updated by @april-susan: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Molly Drexelius
@molly-drexelius
01/10/10 03:01:39PM
16 posts
Hi!My name is Molly. I am the owner and Taste Temptress of Drexelius Chocoaltes. I sell a selection of all natural chocolate from some of the world's best chocolate makers: drexeliuschocolates.com Enjoy!
April Susan
@april-susan
01/10/10 08:59:42PM
12 posts
Thanks, Molly. I will check it out right now!April
Clare Challinor
@clare-challinor
01/16/10 05:55:41AM
1 posts
Hi April,The best chocolate shop that I have seen is Ye Olde Friars. Living in northern England we used to holiday ever summer in the Lakes and one of the highlights of this trip was visiting this shop. Anyways enough of the reminiscing! They have just launched their web-site which is fantastic news as a live in the south now. I don't know what your tastes are but I love the dark chocolate cherry liqueurs which have the stalks and pips still attached. Also I have developed a taste for the unusual Hachez bars, flavours such as strawberry and pepper. Weird but surprisingly tasty! Thats enough waffling from me, here's the web addressfriarsofkeswick.co.ukCheers Clare
April Susan
@april-susan
01/16/10 08:18:43PM
12 posts
Clare,Thank you so very much. I shall investigate. Sounds delectable!
chocoasis
@chocoasis
01/19/10 01:36:58AM
5 posts
Hi April,Wonderful to have you here at thechocolatelife! Pls see www.chocoasis.com for a curated collection of fine chocolates from France, US, Italy, South America & Africa. You can choose by brand or by cacao bean origin. Because there's quite a few to choose from, I can help you select the bar you like - milk, dark, single-origin, with infusions, etc. We're currently offering free gift-wrapping for Valentine's Day. You can contact me at cs@chocoasis.com. It's nice to meet another chocolate enthusiast! =)
April Susan
@april-susan
01/19/10 10:27:31PM
12 posts
Thank you for responding to my post. I will be pleased to view your website :-)
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
02/08/10 03:10:04PM
251 posts
Chocosphere has a great selection. The owners are very helpful and I've always been very pleased with how promptly and efficiently I get my orders. The Meadow has a good selection, but their prices are higher than Chocoshpere (at least the one time I ordered). World wide chocolate also has a great selection, but I haven't ordered from them.
April Susan
@april-susan
02/11/10 05:03:29PM
12 posts
Thank you for the tips! I did find a shop in San Francisco called CocoaBella Chocolates. They have a fine selection representing some of the best chocolatiers.
Molly Drexelius
@molly-drexelius
02/11/10 05:06:22PM
16 posts
They have a great selection of truffles from wonderful chocolatiers -- glad you found what you were looking for!
April Susan
@april-susan
02/13/10 12:09:19AM
12 posts
My quest will never end...it keeps unfolding...forever expanding...
TIAmegan
@tiamegan
02/13/10 03:12:11AM
1 posts
If you are in San Francisco, Fog City News has a large selection of fine chocolate bars and truffles. The staff is very helpful and friendly.
April Susan
@april-susan
02/16/10 10:38:11PM
12 posts
Thank you!
Jeff
@jeff
02/17/10 05:13:15PM
94 posts
april?might as well give us a try too... www.lilliebellefarms.com I wasnt selected as one of North America's Top 10 this last year for my looks....
April Susan
@april-susan
02/17/10 05:50:20PM
12 posts
Thanks Jeff!
April Susan
@april-susan
02/17/10 05:54:32PM
12 posts
Hi again, JeffI just checked out your website. Your chocolates are exquisite! Will order soon. Thanks again.April
Jeff
@jeff
02/17/10 06:02:24PM
94 posts
enjoy....and when your order...enter:dncjerryas a coupon code for a 10% discount...
April Susan
@april-susan
02/18/10 10:26:27AM
12 posts
No birthdays or occasions coming up in March - guess they'll have to be for me! I shall enjoy. Thanks again, Jeff!
Walter Plante
@walter-plante
03/19/10 06:53:04AM
9 posts
Don't forget the small guys. We're relatively new and open to suggestions for new products... http://newleafchocolates.com Enjoy! - Walter
April Susan
@april-susan
03/20/10 02:11:24AM
12 posts
Thank you, Walter! If I have any suggestions for new items, I'll be sure to let you know. Peace...
Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
03/21/10 07:14:44PM
53 posts
April,For the best filled chocolates in the world, you will usually only find them in their own store, as they will not be distributed intensely.If you haven't tried Chocolatier Blue in Berkeley, you are missing out. His ingredients are WAY above the industry standard. Uses nothing but Amedei (even for sculpture) and the unpasteurized cream he uses would retail for about $90 a gallon. I could go on and on about his other ingredients, but you get the picture. By far the best in my opinion.Thanks,Matt
updated by @matt-caputo: 09/09/15 08:39:13AM
SU
@su
03/22/10 03:46:30PM
18 posts
Also Chocolate Covered - a store in SF (Noe Valley area, I think).
April Susan
@april-susan
03/24/10 08:05:09PM
12 posts
Ya - I have been discovering that! Also, shipping to warm locations is exorbitant. Worth it in some cases!Thanks for the tip on Chocolatier Blue.Sincerely,Apriil
Chocolate Events
@chocolate-events
03/31/10 12:53:11PM
1 posts
Hi April!Our company "Chocolate Events" don't make real Chocolate, only elegant events :) But we have Chocolate Boutique where you can find many interesting accessories about theme - Chocolate. Maybe you will found something for your shop or for you!All things are handmade by Latvian artists - we have together more than 30 partners. Here are stright link: www.chocolate-events.lv/#/lv/boutique (on the right side, down - choose EN, to see in english.)Have a nice time :)

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores