alternative sweeteners ...

deedee devi
@deedee-devi
02/19/10 02:50:06AM
13 posts

a l o h a dear ONES ~

is there a comprehensive discussion on this site or elsewhere regarding the usage of alternative sweeteners for making tempered chocolate?

i have sucessfully made RAW tempered chocolate with both maple syrup crystals and xylitol but want to explore other options...

anyONE else use these and would like to share their opinions on how they feel the taste/texture etc differed from using what sweetener?

the maple syrup crystal chocolate was made quite some time ago so i can only comment and say that all who ate it LOVED it but the recent batches of cacao nib/ cacao butter/ xylitol tempered chocolate has differed in texture by means of time ... meaning it seems to change texture after keeping in storage after some days ... yet as i do not know enough about this whole process, it does get warm here so after reading about staying at/below i think it was 70 degrees or so, well this could play into the texture change.

any thoughts by other alternative sweetener users? love love love ...

updated by @deedee-devi: 04/14/15 03:48:30PM
Mark Heim
@mark-heim
02/19/10 07:03:48PM
101 posts
A common objection to using xylitol is the cooling effect due to the high negative heat of solution.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores