The Agave Controversey is heating up...

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
04/20/10 12:01:40PM
116 posts

In answer to the recent agave controversy stirred up by Dr. Mercola and Mike Adams, both of whom are well known health promoters with large followings, my good friend David Wolfe, well known author and nutritionist,wrote an article explaining his current position on the Agave debate. You can read the article as originally published here: http://www.sacredchocolate.com/agave-blues-david-wolfe

Currently, I estimate that 95% of the commercially available Raw Chocolate Bars and Desserts on the market use agave syrupas a sweetener.

Historically, agave has been used as a sweetener with cacao for many years according to chocolate historian, Mark J Sciscenti. ( https://www.kakawachocolates.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5&chapter=1 )

updated by @sacred-steve: 04/25/15 10:23:38PM
Sirius Chocolate
@sirius-chocolate
04/20/10 01:17:11PM
10 posts
Nice read. Are you sourcing your Sacred Truffles from Cru Cacao? I noticed the same formulas and names.Sirius.
Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
04/20/10 01:33:14PM
116 posts
We are manufacturing our truffles at the Sacred Chocolate Factory in San Rafael, CA
Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
04/21/10 11:47:09PM
116 posts
The reason I posted this information on Agave is because traditionally, Agave has been used as the sweetener of choice in the raw chocolate industry under the idea that agave was healthy for you. New information has recently come to light that this might not really be the case.
Sirius Chocolate
@sirius-chocolate
04/21/10 11:54:54PM
10 posts
It's funny, I knew intuitively when I first started experimenting with raw chocolate that agave nectar had a strong blood sugar reaction with me. My personal preference not to sweeten with agave was only recently confirmed with the latest buzz about the agave blues.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores