Just bought my first tempering machine, any advice or tricks?

Dirke Botsford
@dirke-botsford
06/10/10 05:41:57PM
98 posts
Just bought the chocovision Revolation 1, yes I am just starting out and don't have a huge budget. Any advice, tricks or tips you can provide on using this thing? I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, that will be tonight for it's first run. Any tempering tricks our how to increase output more then 1.5 pounds.

Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

updated by @dirke-botsford: 04/18/15 10:37:11AM
Carlos Eichenberger
@carlos-eichenberger
06/10/10 05:57:32PM
158 posts
Well, for starters, Chocovision was supposed to be working on the "holey baffle" for the Rev 1/2 (not sure what the status is on this). That in itself will almost double the machine's capacity. Another good way to increase capacity is by pre-melting. Have your melted chocolate ready to go into the machine as close to holding temperature as you can have it. Once you've used about 2/3 of the tempered chocolate, add that part back from your melted chocolate. Give it 5 minutes or so to properly "seed" the new batch and continue working.I also like to use seed cocoa butter instead of chocolate. Pretty much the same method Chocovision uses with seed chocolate, only much less (1% by weight instead of 10%). The thing is of course this requires tempered cocoa butter!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores