Untempered chocolate....what must I do?

Jacquie Schofield
@jacquie-schofield
08/10/10 06:54:02PM
11 posts

Good Evening!

I am a beginner in the "chocolate life". I think perhaps I am over my head in joining this site butI am hopingin doing so ,I can learn some new things.

I do have a question perhaps a silly one but none the less, I don't know the answer. I received bulk chocolate the other day and due to the summer temperatures it arrived a bit soft. I assume it is out of temper. Do I have to melt and temperall the chocolate and let it solidify then melt and temper again to cover candy? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jacquie

updated by @jacquie-schofield: 04/11/15 10:24:04PM
Robyn Wood
@robyn-wood
08/10/10 07:48:02PM
29 posts
No, just temper what you need. There's no reason to temper all the chocolate, and then re-do it. I have all kinds of bloomed chocolate, and I just temper as needed.
Jacquie Schofield
@jacquie-schofield
08/11/10 04:51:27PM
11 posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I am sure I will have many more questions in the future.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores