Chocolate Travel Question

Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
09/29/10 01:00:44AM
53 posts
I am leaving for 3 weeks in Europe very soon. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there is any chocolate worth seeking out in the following cities:

Brugges
Vienna
Praque
Berlin
Frankfurt
Munich

Please also let me know what your top two or three favorite brands of chocolate bar are, if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Matt

updated by @matt-caputo: 05/01/15 08:30:11AM
Kristina
@kristina
09/29/10 01:52:16AM
21 posts
Lauenstein (pralines) in Munich http://www.lauensteiner.de You also should get Schell there ( http://www.schell-schokoladen.de ).Coppeneur in Germany, if you don't know them.Zotter in Vienna (you can get it also in Germany).Filled bars are fun, Labooko are fine.I've broght some bars by K.u.K. Hofzuckerbcker L. Heiner from Vienna to try.Tiroler Edler (Austria) works with Domori couvertuere - it might be interesting to try. For instance, their sugarfree composition.The greatest choice in Vienna - www.xocolat.at
Kerry
@kerry
09/29/10 07:42:50AM
288 posts
In Brugges check out Chocolate Line.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Ivica
@ivica
09/29/10 03:40:39PM
13 posts
Matt, I guess you're going to be just in Vienna, but if you had a chance for a day trip south, I would definitely visit Zotter's manufacture. It is about 1.5-2 hrs from Vienna on a motorway (direction Graz). What makes it far superior to any shop is the heavenly smell! Plus you can taste everything, have a tour of the factory, see a film about cacao - best to find out more here Chocolate Theater
Also, round the corner from Zotter's place, there is a spectacular castle "Riegersburg".

Xocolat also make their own truffles and other delicious things at their premises in "Serviten gasse" and it is very close to their shop in Freyung. Actually, one of my favourite shops in Vienna that is also easy to find is Meinl am Graben. They have a decent selection of chocolate, but additionally other delicacies...it's great to have a lunch there!

Well worth visiting is also "Leschanz" in Freisingergasse 1 in the 1.district (and their workshop in Ballgasse 4), Mr Leschanz is known as the Schokoladenkoenig (chocolate king).

Enjoy your trip!

Ivica
Kristina
@kristina
10/02/10 11:31:38AM
21 posts
Suprisingly, I could recall my tripp to Brugge - Marie de Bruges, Walplein 16-18

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores