Chocolate boxes in Europe?

Annika von Schlieben
@annika-von-schlieben
10/07/10 06:39:18AM
7 posts
I'm about to start a small chocolate business in Sweden and I've been looking for some nice chocolate/truffle boxes for severel month now without luck.

The thing is that I can't seem to find any company in Europe (since shipping over seas is too expensive) that excepts small orders. Since this is a start up business I don't want to order too many boxes the first time, maximum 500 pcs.

I would really appreciate some help...

Thanks!

updated by @annika-von-schlieben: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Kerry
@kerry
10/07/10 08:09:45AM
288 posts
Try www.kroese-exclusief.com - love their stuff. Wish it was easier to get to North America.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Annika von Schlieben
@annika-von-schlieben
10/07/10 08:16:17AM
7 posts
Yea, I have been in contact with them and they have a lot of nice boxes. Unfortunately the minimum order is about 1000 pcs which is a bit much for me :-(
Kerry
@kerry
10/07/10 08:17:49AM
288 posts
Must be a new thing - I have purchased smaller quantities from the in the remote past. Darn!

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Clay Gordon
@clay
10/07/10 06:59:31PM
1,680 posts
Annika:Going into the holiday season, ordering only 500 boxes may be a mistake. It may seem like a lot now, but if you are successful and it takes weeks to get the boxes once your order them ... what do you do? While 500 may seem like a huge number now, ordering 500 and running out on December 1st is far worse than buying 1000 having 100 left over on December 1st.I know it's also a cash flow issue - does it make sense to have that much money tied up in boxes? But running out of boxes in the middle of the busiest time of year makes no sense to me. It may make more sense to find a slightly less expensive box.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Annika von Schlieben
@annika-von-schlieben
10/08/10 03:05:26AM
7 posts
I'm pretty sure this will not be a problem. I'm still working full time with my ordinary job so this business is just in small scale on my spare time. In other words I will not have time to make so many truffles that I will run out of boxes :-)
Ivica
@ivica
10/08/10 05:47:08PM
13 posts
Anika:
You could also check out www.bsd.be
or
www.lebhar.com
or
www.meridiansp.co.uk

All the best, Ivica
Jules james2
@jules-james2
10/12/10 02:01:24AM
1 posts
AnikaI have had the same challenge being new into this business, alas I find Keylink in the UK , looks after new business very well, a good product range and definateky cheaper than some if the other posts.I hope this helpsJulesBlack Mountain Gold Chocolate
Annika von Schlieben
@annika-von-schlieben
10/12/10 01:20:29PM
7 posts
Thank you very much for that! I think I've found what I need at meridiansp.co.uk and the samples are on their way :-)I must say that they seem very professional and respond quickly on email. I'm a very happy person right now, hopefully I can stop looking for boxes now and focus on making chocolates instead :-)

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores