Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Jennifer Arvan
@jennifer-arvan
12/15/10 17:51:52
2 posts

Hi. I am new here and by no means a chocolate maker. I am a chocolate melter.

By trade I am a nurse, but dabble in making various treats, soap, shampoo and the like. I am always wanting to learn something new.

I was hoping for a touch of sage advice on a project I wanted to try this winter. I would like to make hot chocolate on a stick and have the basic technique for assembling, but am having trouble figuring out which chocolate would be best to create the base out of. It has to melt readily and smoothly in warmed milk so that it turns into a creamy hot cocoa. The cheapo chocolate I had that I created my mock-ups out of is abominable. It doesn't melt into the milk, but rather looks like flecks of chocolate floating in the milk.

I'd like to make this into a "drop it in and stir it" type of treat. On a sort of related note, I'd like to dip my homemade marshmallows in a tad of chocolate and haven't found a decent type to make a smooth, shiney, not to brittle coating. Anybody with ideas? Thank you in advance!

updated by @jennifer-arvan: 04/15/15 06:53:43
Java Cocoa
@java-cocoa
12/25/10 12:48:42
4 posts
Try Bakers C and C. I get all my chocolate from them; they have a huge selection with lots of descriptions to learn from!! Enjoy the holidays!
Jcandy
@jcandy
01/04/11 02:40:55
12 posts
I tried making some today, and they turned out great! I put them in shot glasses, and they became adorable bell like shapes.After I made a batch, I thought they turned out so great that I wantedto make more. But I had no more 70 % coca chocolate, so I tried makinga batch with Toblerone. I dont think that went too well, but well see.
Thank you so much for this!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.