Review of the Oregon Chocolate Festival from an attendee

Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
03/21/08 10:32:51PM
71 posts
The 4th Annual Oregon Chocolate Festival was Mar 7-9 in charming Ashland, OR. A fantastic event, it featured chocolatiers from all over the state in a wonderful historic setting, the Ashland Springs Hotel. This adorable town is best known for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and is located about an hour flight from Portland, at the very south end of the state in the Rogue River Valley. PICS COMING SOON.Here is a list of chocolate vendors featured - there were also wineries, coffee roasters, and some other food vendors. Also a mini orchestra and outdoor wine/beer garden- really an elegant affair! We got lucky with clear blue skies, spectacular weather. As a native Oregonian I was VERY proud of how our state came together for this, plan to return every year if I can (all the way from Florida now) Highly recommended to everyone!LILLIBELLE FARMS- choc covered Oregon berries/ decadent modern ganache/ trufflesBRANSONS CHOC- to die for Amaretto TrufflesEUPHORIA CHOC- going on 20+ years- woo hoo!BROWNIE SHOTZ- bite size choc covered browniesCARY'S- wonderful soft crunch toffee now avail in Whole Foods Markets nationwideDAGOBA ORGANIC- born and raised right here in Ashland- unique flavor barsTHE CHOCOLATE BEAGLE- truffles and custom cakesKEKAU CHOC- gorgeous chocs with very modern twist of flavorsLULUS RAW CHOC ALCHEMY- gourmet raw chocolate delights, nothing artificialCHERRY COUNTRY- choc covered dried organic Royal Ann cherries and nutsMAJESTIC CHOC- full spectrum of hand made chocsSILLY RABBIT CHOCOLATE CO.-cute bunnys hopping all over with trays of chocs!TWO BROTHERS FOOD CO. - decadent choc sauce (wouldnt know by the name)WILLHITE CHOC- hand made ganche filled trufflesSOS PEAR STATION- famous Oregon pears covered in choc saucePUDDIN RIVER CHOC- full spectrum of hand made choc treatsPETE'S GOURMET CONFECTIONS- choc dipped homemade marshmallowsPENNINGTON FARMS- choc chip cookies, brownies, jamsOn top of all the FREE choc samples, everyone had choc for sale at special festival discounts, and you are given a nice bag at the check in to collect all your treasures. The Fest tix are good for 2 days ($20 at door) If you decide to go, there are plenty of hotels and most offer a Choc Fest package with event tix and also half price to theatre at the famous Shakespeare Festival.There were also a full slate of chocolate seminars, a Gallery Choc Art Walk, lectures, kids activities, prize drawings,specialty gourmet dinner packages with local chefs, and plenty of local artisan chocolatiers to talk with one on one- everyone is very approachable, no pretentious ppl here....just GREAT chocolatiers celebrating what we all love!For the official festival website go to www.ashlandspringshotel.com
updated by @chocoflyer: 05/09/15 05:05:11AM
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
03/22/08 01:12:50AM
71 posts
If anyone else reading attended this festival, please leave your comments/ impressions too! Thanx!
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
03/25/08 09:00:14PM
71 posts
Photos of the Oregon Choc Fest have been added- take a look!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores