Chocolate Trip to Houston Texas

Richard Spehr
@richard-spehr
12/25/10 12:17:14PM
2 posts
Went to Houston to show our daughter and Son In Law some of our custom made chocolates. We made them from scratch. We used beans fro the Ivory Coast of Africa. We machine ground the Beans to get the NIB. We used the process line machinery from BLT Process Machinery (from Largo Florida). We created the liqueur and tempered it. We re-heated the liqueur and poured the new Chocollate into our molds. While we are here, we are looking for an SLA 3d printer to convert our 3d solidworks files into Mold prototypes.
updated by @richard-spehr: 04/11/15 12:05:12PM
Nat
@nat
12/26/10 07:10:03AM
75 posts
There are usually design firms in large cities that will hire out their stereolithography apparatus to produce a part. Just be warned that as these machines use a stepper motor, their models will often have small ridges that if not smoothed really well after, will produce chocolate in the molds that mirrors these ridges and looks strange.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores