Question regarding transfer sheets

Kris Schoofs
@kris-schoofs
11/09/11 10:58:18
9 posts
Hi,

Any day now I'll be receiving my first chocolate transfer sheets. I was wondering what's the best way to store these? The place where I'm storing my chocolate usually has a temperature of about 15C, so I'm guessing this would also be a good temperature to also store the transfer sheets?

Can you clarify what's the maximum and minimum temperature for storingtransfersheets, cause when I'm doing moulded chocolates I lower the temperature toapproximately8C and I'm not sure if that might be too cold for the sheets to be stored (and therefore might have to temporarily remove the sheets from the cooler while making moulded chocolates)?

Also, when using transfer sheets, how long should you wait before removing the transfer sheets (chocolates made with the magnetic mould rest at 8C, while enrobed chocolates rest at 15C)?

Thanks,

Kris

updated by @kris-schoofs: 04/20/15 08:02:44
Rochelle
@rochelle
11/16/11 00:41:36
19 posts

The transfer sheets are cocoa butter. Just keep them in a zip lock bag between 6c - 19c. I would let them set for a good 20 minutes but it all depends of how thick your chocolate is.

Gap
@gap
11/16/11 14:23:18
182 posts

As Rochelle says, the colour in the transfer sheets is cocoa butter, so treat the transfer sheets as if they were chocolate in terms of storage and in terms of letting them "set" before removing them.

Rochelle
@rochelle
11/17/11 00:26:58
19 posts

I've also found the print sticks better if you let your chocolate set at room temperature before placing at a lower temp.

Kris Schoofs
@kris-schoofs
11/19/11 13:29:29
9 posts

Thank you Gap & Rochelle for your valuable feedback. I'm excited to get started with the transfer sheets :-)

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.