Floppy Ganash A Recipe Please

Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
12/20/11 03:26:15
83 posts

Hi, I was making someGlhwein truffles using Glhwein I made myself. Sadly it was one of my total disasters. I drained the fat off and stored the remaining glob of chocolate in the fridge. Today I thought I will grate it and use it to make something for ourselves. It turned out exceptionally tasty when I grated it. Now I sit will all the lovely grated chocolate that I do not want to waste by using it as chocolate chips, it's just too tasty you all the lovely Christmas tastes coming through and it is smooth, not at all grainy.

So, any ideas what I can do with it. I thought of the possibility of using it in a cassata-like ice cream. Any better ideas? It sitting there in my fridge and I do not want it to go to waste.

updated by @magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis: 04/10/15 16:42:56
Davy Asnong
@davy-asnong
12/20/11 04:14:36
19 posts

Why don't you make a cake or something and use this chocolate as topping, or use it in a cream ganache between the layers of the cake?

What recipe did you use? I love gluhwein, so I believe you as you say it a great taste :)

Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
12/20/11 05:20:39
83 posts

Thanks Davy. I think using it in a filling is the best idea. Here is the recipe I used to make the 50ml of gluhwein I needed.

50ml dry red wine, I used a good cabernet

t cinnamon

t cloves

all spice

1 orange rind

1 slice of lemon

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.