Moisture percentage in storage room

Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
01/21/12 09:43:21AM
86 posts

Hey Guys,

Most of us know that moisture is an important factor in controlling quality and that it should not exceed 50% where chocolate is stored.

My question however is how low can the moisture in the room drop down to without affecting the product(if it does affect it at all) For example, what happens if the moisture goes below 30% or even less?

Thanks,

Omar

updated by @omar-forastero: 05/05/15 10:22:44AM
Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
01/21/12 10:54:48AM
194 posts

Our humidity here rarely goes over 20% (unless it is raining) and I don't have problems. I rather think it is an advantage. I can take chocolate from a cold room to room temp without condensation collecting. It might be just what you are used to. I don't know if I could produce in high humidity with the same results.

Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
01/23/12 02:35:18AM
86 posts

Thank you Ruth,

Lebanon can get really humid especially during summer.I have humidity removing machines installed in almost every room. That's why Inever knew if itaffects the product..until now. Thanks again!

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores