Chirag Bhatia
@chirag-bhatia
03/06/12 02:02:15AM
27 posts

hey members,

I just recently started attempting to make chocolate at home from bean to bar..

let me explain how this came about

I am a graduate of hotel management and whenever i tried to obtain a good cooking chocolate for my recipes (callebaut is a little out of budget) i hit a road block.

that got me thinking, why not manufacture a good cooking chocolate that is affordable..

and this further got me thinking that we dont have any good 'Indian' chocolate brands..

and for the past couple of months ive been going through everything i can find on bean to bar chocolate.. ive been through almost all the discussions on your site (very helpful).. and then i decided its time to stop reading and time to start acting..

through acolleague i procured 60 kgs of cocoa beans (not sure which variety, though i think its Indian Forastero)i was too excited to get starterd..

since i got these beans ive gone pretty mad ( in a good way).. i roast and then winnow them by hand.. and stay up the whole night conching/refining in a stone wet grinder..

i know i'verambledquite a bit and iapologizebut i wanted you to get an idea of who i am and how much ive fallen in love with chocolate.

regards

Chirag Bhatia

updated by @chirag-bhatia: 04/13/15 07:21:28AM
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
03/06/12 10:45:43AM
86 posts

Welcome to our beautiful crazy world Chirag!

Jeff Nelson
@jeff-nelson
03/06/12 03:30:37PM
8 posts

Hey I am just getting started. I love making products from the start and I have become fascinated with chocolate. I have ordered all of my equipment to start and can't wait for it to arrive next week sometime.

Chirag Bhatia
@chirag-bhatia
03/07/12 02:19:09AM
27 posts

Thanks Omar

Chirag Bhatia
@chirag-bhatia
03/07/12 11:23:22AM
27 posts

hey Jeff

I know how you feel.. even icouldn'twait and now thatI'vestarted irealizethat the more i learn, the more irealize idon'tknow..its an absolutely amazing experience.. best of luck to you

Tom
@tom
03/07/12 09:36:51PM
205 posts

The more the merrier!

There is nothing like using your own cocoa liquor in cooking, roasted just the way you like it. You also have 100% control over added sugar etc.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores