HELPPPP: CHOCOLATE IS CRUMBLY

Christine de Massis
@christine-de-massis
06/07/12 09:39:42AM
12 posts

Hello Everyone...

Please I need urgent help....I tempered my chocolate (dark and mil chocolate), and all the process seemed to be fine, they came out nicely from the molds. The problem was that later when i tried them, the chocolate, not the ganache, was crumbly...what do you think the problem is??? could it be that the tempering process was not well done? ehat other reasons can make chocolate crumbly.

Thanx...

updated by @christine-de-massis: 04/12/15 10:00:08AM
Daniela Vasquez
@daniela-vasquez
10/04/12 05:22:10PM
58 posts

tempering failed. You should do as many temper checks as necessary. You could add a "mother" to the chocolate and let it melt enough time so that the rest of the chocolate "behaves" properly

Mark Heim
@mark-heim
10/05/12 09:48:51PM
101 posts

Look at the centers. Chocolate will pull water from a ganache. Once it does it gets dry and crumbly in texture, as themoisture enters the chocolate and forms syrup with the sugar. Look at how much moisture you're adding to the ganache.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores