Organic Wholesale Chocolate

Chazz
@chazz
07/30/12 09:31:26AM
2 posts

For years, I've used the organic Callebaut chocolates for my chocolate truffles. I had set my mind to switch to the new Valrhona Andoa line of organic and fair traded chocolates, only to learn that they are in dispute with the FDA over the "organic" status of the soy lecithin. Valrhona is now prohibited from selling the Andoa line as organic until the issue is resolved.

Does anyone have any good leads as to a high quality, organic chocolate, preferably in discos form, and bulk (kilos)? I suppose that I could always go back to Callebaut, however I prefer the fair traded status to compliment the organic status. I use dark in the 70% + range and milk in the 30% + range. Any leads? Thanks.

updated by @chazz: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Chazz
@chazz
08/01/12 03:18:44PM
2 posts

Thanks Gene, I'll try them.

Dale Anderson
@dale-anderson
08/02/12 09:00:12AM
9 posts

Chazz,

I get 70% fair trade organic chocolate from Ciranda ( it is labeled CocoaRica), and 32% fair trade milk chocolate from Puratos. Both are Peruvian in origin. You need to buy it in 2,000 pound pallets from these suppliers. Sweet Earth Chocolates carries a variety of intensities of chocolate, and can be purchased in smaller quantities (for considerably more per pound). All of these are in wafers of various sixes.

Best wishes,

Dale

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores