Newbie on the boards!

Meg Randall
@meg-randall
12/24/12 11:12:43PM
6 posts

Greetings!

I am a long-time lurker, who has just joined. :)

I am changing careers, and will be opening a retail candy/chocolate shop. This is completely new territory for me, as I have been in corporate for my entire adult life. I have great skills in many key areas, but I also am very aware of what I lack as a professional, and I know to hire others to supplement, do a lot of research, or simply ask advice of those wiser and more experienced. :)

My shop will have higher end artisan chocolates, and nostaglic and unusual candy. Nothing you would find in a grocery store. The chocolate will be fine and gourmet - nothing you could find even in a chain chocolate shop.

Anyone who has advice on retail store design, visual merchandising, marketing, profit margins, product selection, even hours of operation, is very welcomed!! I have my own ideas in all of these areas, but again, I know I can learn a lot from the membership in this community, and I am very hungry to absorb what I can from the experts.

Thank you, all! :)

updated by @meg-randall: 04/10/15 02:37:20PM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores