Hello and Thank You

elephant
@elephant
02/16/15 12:47:04PM
6 posts

I want to begin this introduction by thanking everyone here for their contributions to this site over the years.  My Fiancee and I are starting a small chocolates business (molded and slabbed), and over the past few months we've turned to Chocolate Life again and again for direction and information.  It really is a wonderful resource.  Clay, you've done something important here.

We'll share more information soon, but for now, we're going to be a bit vague about location, etc.  That's for professional reasons.  We live in the north east (of the U.S) with around 20k other year 'round residents in the community.  That number swells to 125k or so during the summer months, and a million or so visitors pass through each year.  Although there are a few small competitors, nobody is offering...I won't say artisanal, because it is so overused, and I won't say craft because we aren't hipster enough...nobody is offering really good chocolates made from really good ingredients using really good recipes.  We plan to start from our home kitchen and sell primarily to wholesale accounts.

I'll be posting here most often.  My fiancee is the chef.  She's a CIA grad (top of her class), spent years in French kitchens and was executive pastry chef for a well known Michelin starred restaurant.  She's also done volume, as exec pastry chef for a very large hotel.   She's creative, realistic, and also a really nice person.  And she wants her own business.  I'm far less interesting...just a guy with some finance skills and a desire to help her shine.

So, thanks again.  I'm off to post my first question on the site.

M

updated by @elephant: 04/10/15 11:43:16AM
Clay Gordon
@clay
02/16/15 02:02:52PM
1,680 posts

Good luck on this venture and we look forward to hearing how it all unfolds!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores