Mini Rev Opinions

Walt Moody
@walt-moody
11/04/14 05:04:09PM
8 posts

Hi,

I am seriously considering ordering a Chocovision Mini Rev. I'd like to hear the thoughts/experiences of others with this machine. I'm just a hobbyist and it's hard to justify the extra expense of a Rev 2 even though I can see how useful things like adjustable temperature would be. Is anyone using a Mini Rev that is happy with its performance? Should I bite the bullet for a Rev 2? Are there other machines I should consider?

Thanks,

Walt

updated by @walt-moody: 04/10/15 05:41:39AM
Seth A. Hager
@seth-a-hager
12/05/14 09:01:15PM
4 posts

I don't know if you have bought one yet, but my mini rev arrived today. I'm going to take it for a test drive tonight, and hopefully put several miles on it in a couple days. I'll tell you my experiences. Like you, I'm a hobbyist and my chocolate production has gotten too large for my kitchen stove double boiler. I have to say I'm a little worried about only a 1.5 lb. capacity, I'll have to use a reserve of melted chocolate to keep refilling. I guess I can't toss out the double boiler yet.

Walt Moody
@walt-moody
12/08/14 03:14:04PM
8 posts

Hi Seth,

I haven' bought anything yet. I would appreciate your thoughts on your Mini Rev.

Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
12/08/14 10:53:06PM
102 posts

I have used a Rev 2 for a while now. It has worked like a champ and haven't table tempered since. What questions do you have.

Would like to know if anyone knows how to use the machine without using seed.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores