Review of the EZtemper

danielle2
@danielle2
07/20/15 10:27:44PM
7 posts

Hi All-

Although I have tons of experience tempering commercial chocolate, I have had a lot of trouble tempering the chocolate I am making from the bean.  And I am getting ready to start commercial production so I was looking for a way that my staff could easily temper using a machine or by hand, and how I could explain it to them if I couldn't do it myself.  My future staff is likely to have no formal education and even if I had thousands of dollars to buy an automatic tempering machine, I thought it might be hard to train them to take care of it properly.   Anyway, I saw an article about the eztemper machine, and thought, can it really be that easy?  

Yes, it is.  It is amazing!  I pulled the cocoa mass out of the melangers and put into a bowl.  I let it sit for a couple hours until it was 32-33 degrees celcius and added the 1% of seed cocoa butter from the eztemper.  I stirred well and poured directly into molds.  My chocolate came out perfect!  Its going to be so easy for me to train staff with this machine!  So worth the money.  

So, yes, its super awesome!  

Ruth Atkinson Kendrick
@ruth-atkinson-kendrick
07/21/15 09:57:51AM
194 posts

I have to agree!! The EZ has simplified my production, also.

Kerry
@kerry
07/23/15 08:27:55AM
288 posts

Thrilled to hear it is working so well for you Danielle!

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Lisabeth Flanagan
@lisabeth-flanagan
07/24/15 09:11:21AM
11 posts

I spent a little time with Kerry the last few weeks and was able to see her work with the EZTemper first-hand. It seemed to work very well. I've been considering purchasing one.  Then two days ago, when the weather cooled and humidity dropped, I was dipping chocolate toffees and was having a terrible time tempering my lecithin-free organic milk chocolate couverture (tastes great, 45%, but hard as heck to temper) and I was wishing I had purchased the EZTemper. That was truly the moment when I realized that the cost is likely worth the time savings. You can see pics of the chocolate, and how we used the EZTemper on my blog here.  Kerry was testing it out to see if liquid, tempered chocolate could be kept in temper in the EZTemper for quick decorating and painting applications. It seemed to work well, but I think Kerry was planning to adjust temperatures to see if the chocolate could be less thick when it comes out of the machine. I'm curious to see the results of her experiments! But I think I will be making the purchase soon.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores