temperer

corinne mendelson
@corinne-mendelson
08/17/12 06:39:17AM
20 posts

Hi to everybody ! i have decided that if i want to survive with my little shop i have to expand a litle and for that i need a tempereuse but i am confused about what machine to buy. I tend to buy the pavoni minin temperer because it seems easy to work with but i have already bought 2 melting machines that were supposed to be temperer therefore i want to have some tips. I don't need a temperer of more than 3 to 5 kilos but i need to have tempererd chocolate for as long as i need during the day. On the other hand i don't want a temperer working with the seeding method, so what would you recommend ? is there anything else than the pavoni for what i need ? i hope i will receive some insight because i am going to buy the machine and i don't know which one to buy

updated by @corinne-mendelson: 04/27/15 02:13:05AM
Edward J
@edward-j
08/17/12 10:15:35AM
51 posts

IMHO you should be tempering by hand.

Now, in my shop, I have two 20 kg (45 lb) and one 7 kg (15 lb) melters. I am the chief tempererer, as well as chief bottle washer.

Tempering is essential, and it should be mastered. It can't be mastered if you rely on a machine every day.

BTW, my couverture holds it's temper for 3 or 4 days in the melter

Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
08/17/12 10:25:03AM
157 posts

Edward it sounds like they do it by hand now, they're looking to gain some efficiency and you can't grow effectively by continuing to do a hand temper.While you can enjoy the extra labor of tempering by hand, if you are small shop owner you've got plenty to do and a lot of it is not needed to be working your temperatures.

As well, how on earth do you hold temper for 3 to 4 days? Overcrystallizationoccurs naturally, you have to break it at some point. Do you not sleep either? hehe!

Anyhow, we've really had the pleasure of working with many of Chocovision's equipment. The smaller grade is a bit louder but what kitchen isn't. The Delta is a great machine as well and we've enjoyed its company for over a year now.

corinne mendelson
@corinne-mendelson
08/18/12 02:17:52AM
20 posts

hi thank you for yhour answers. it is a little difficult to get a revolation for me since i live in israel and it is a little complicated since there is no chcocovision representative and to ship it overseas makes it more expensensive than to buy a pavoni mini temper. Do you know the pavoni mini temper ?is itsomething more or less equal to the revolation ? according to what i have seen the Pavoni's representative shop and what i see on site for the revolation it seems very similar the big revolation can temper more than the pavoni but the pavoni (3kg) is more what i need. I think thqt it was Brad that told me he has some problem with the Pavoni but i am very far from the time his machines works (8 hours a day).

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores