Brand name for our hand-made chocolate.

Illarion Makarikhin
@illarion-makarikhin
04/19/13 08:33:25
2 posts

Dear friends,

Creative help needed!. I'm from Ukraine. Some times ago we have discovered this amazing and fascinating hobby, that now has been slowly but surelytransformedinto a small business.

We produce different kinds of bars, barks and truffles. All the clients we had before were our family members and friends. Now however we want to present our products at the local market via internet shop (in development)

And we've faced difficulties naming our brand. We've been searching on the Internet for a good, sound, associative, creative and not a navie name but still no good solution found.

We think that it should be short name, as we want to join it with the bar (truffles) name later on.

We would be greatly appreciated to this nice site community for any suggestion in that matter.

Kind Regards

Larry

updated by @illarion-makarikhin: 05/09/15 02:53:26
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
04/19/13 11:50:13
527 posts

Hi Larry;

I think I can beof assistance here. Believe it or not, the difficulty is not coming up with the brand. That will appear in due time. The difficulty is in defining the brand, and this is something that takes a LOT of forward thinking - thinking that will conceptually take your product places you haven't even though of yet, and many years into the future.

There are many questions that need to be answered before the "brand" as you call it reveals itself to you - questions such as:

1. What are all the products you are going to offer?

2. Are you going to remain artisinal, or are you going to grow into many locations?

3. If you grow, are you planning on franchising, or owning all of the stores?

4. What message do you want to convey to your customers most, and how can that message be conveyed in less than 5 seconds?

5. What are your competitors doing?

6. How are you different than your competitors?

7. Where in the market are you positioning your products? High end? Mid-priced? Value priced?

8. What kind of budget do you have for art work and branding?

9. Has one of your competitors already done something similar?

10. What fonts and color schemas are you settling on?

11. Do any of your competitors use the same, or similar fonts and colors?

12. Once you settle on a few, you may need to do trademark research too.

13. Then... after doing all of that homework, do some initial creative, and run it by a group of 10-20 people you know who will give you HONEST feedback. It's easy getting flattering feedback from friends, as nobody wants to hurt your feelings. Ask them what they don't like, as it's more important than what they DO like.

I cannot stress enough, the importance of THOROUGHLY answering these questions, when planning and researching your brand. I did 3 years of research on my brand "Choklat" and corporate image before sending a single piece of artwork off to a printer.

There isn't a single person out there in ChocolateLife Land who can give you the answer to your question here, because they don't know the answers to these questions. Any answer you get that you like will be as likely as winning a lottery.

I hope this helps.

Brad

Choklat

Illarion Makarikhin
@illarion-makarikhin
04/20/13 02:11:16
2 posts

Hi Brad,

Thank you for such a comprehensiveanswer.

I completely agree with you that process of "branding"itselfcould take a lot of time and effort. And your"homework question" are not the least evidences of your words.

We willdefinitelycarry out this work. And itdefinitelytakes some (maybe a tangible amount of time). But we should start our activity - by presenting our products on ourwebsiteand among somesocialnetworkgroups. So, probably we should inventsomethingquickly and then, maybe, change this name to one we willfigureout (the names that have been spinning in our heads now is something like "Just. Chocolate" "Choco. Late" "Late. Choco" "Another Chocolate"

BTW, your brand name "Chocolat" is equal to a Russianpronunciationof Chocolate. :-)

Regards

Larry

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.