Bean to Bar Medium Scale Jafinox

Semira
@semira
04/29/14 03:17:01AM
4 posts

Hello everyone, This is my first post after months of following the site. I am interested in opening a Bean to Bar chocolate company and I would like to know if anyone has used Jafinox bean to bar machinery? I'm looking to produce about 300 kg to 500kg chocolate a day.

TIA

updated by @semira: 04/19/15 07:40:46AM
Sebastian
@sebastian
04/29/14 09:20:21AM
754 posts

I've never used them, but they appear to have been purchased by Duyvis, which is a very well established company i've used for decades. if you post the specific pieces of equipment you're looking at and what you'd like them to do, we could perhaps comment in greater detail.

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/29/14 11:25:04AM
1,680 posts

JAF Inox is a Brazilian company that was recently purchased by Duyvis-Wiener, as Sebastian pointed out.

One of the things that this has done is to increase the price of the machines significantly, at least outside of Brazil - the other thing it has done is extended the delivery times as well.

There are many ways to produce chocolate in the 300-500kg per day range you mention. There are big differences in price as well as the amount of integration (materials handling) that is and can be done. So, Sebastian is right - we need to know more about what you want to do, the equipment you are looking at, and your budget, to be able to offer more informed opinions.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Semira
@semira
04/29/14 12:05:22PM
4 posts

The quote was from Duyvis. They told me they acquired the company about two months ago. I am sure the price will be higher now than just from a manufacturer from Brazil. I have tried to do as much research but the sizes are much more smaller. I don't mind paying a couple of grands more for a good machinery. My plan is to supply our local pastry chefs, artisan chocolatiers, ptisseries, restaurants, caterers and hotels a premium line of single origin and blended chocolates. In the mean while I could set up my chocolate shop.

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/29/14 12:10:28PM
1,680 posts

Semira -

I have seen quotes of US$500,000 to over US$1,000,000 for complete lines from European manufacturers for production in this daily amount.

On the other hand, I have seen workshops with 500kg/day production where the investment in equipment is under $300,000 - so we're talking a lot more than a couple of thousands of dollars.

--
Semira
@semira
04/29/14 12:33:47PM
4 posts
The reason why I said a couple of thousand is because of The quote that I received has prices for each step and the price compared from others could be a couple of thousand difference. I already have a quote around 250,000euro so I do understand what you mean.
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/30/14 05:17:16PM
1,680 posts

Without revealing the price of the machines, can you provide links to pages where the equipment that has been quoted to you can be seen for us to evaluate?

--
Semira
@semira
05/15/14 03:39:48AM
4 posts

sorry for the delay I just saw this message. The machine they quoted me was a lab scale bean to bar.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores