Melanger

Ismael Neggaz
@chocotenango
09/12/14 07:02:30PM
16 posts

Hello everybody

I'm in the process of getting equipped for some home chocolate production. Regarding melanger, I have to products in mind: The Spectra 11 and Cocoatown ECGC-12SLTA . Both products seem to be very similar. What I like about theECGC-12SLTA ist that one can completely release the tension from the stones for the conching cycle so the cocoa liquor is continuously exposed to air without grinding it further. Any reviews on these products would be appreciated.

A next question would be how do these two melangers compare to the cheaper option Premier,

Regards,

Ismael

updated by @chocotenango: 04/10/15 11:15:28AM
Sebastian
@sebastian
09/13/14 03:48:37PM
754 posts

let's ask this question - what advantage is there in continuously exposing the liquor to air without grinding it further? WHY is that important to you?

Ismael Neggaz
@chocotenango
09/13/14 07:11:52PM
16 posts
Hi SebastianI don't know. Can further my knowledge.Ismael
Sebastian
@sebastian
09/13/14 09:30:34PM
754 posts

I'm not sure it is an advantage at the scale you're looking to produce at. You'd indicated it was a feature that you liked, i was trying to get you to consider why that was important. Or rather if that was important...

Ismael Neggaz
@chocotenango
09/13/14 09:35:53PM
16 posts
Hi Sebastian ,Is what cocoatown used to describe the coaching machine.Ismael

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores