Milk chocolate praline centres

Mark Stickley
@mark-stickley
11/29/12 10:20:38AM
3 posts

Hi folks!

I'm pretty new to making chocolates but I'm jumping in at the deep end and have decided to make everyone chocolates for Christmas. I've have some minor success in my test runs so far so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with fillings.

My favourite type of chocolate filling has to be the milk chocolate praline - you know, the kind you get in the middle of Guylian chocs. I have googled quite hard but I am struggling to find a recipe for creating something of that colour, flavour and consistency.

I've had one attempt so far using the recipe at the bottom of this page ( http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30086 - careful if you try this, the quantities are massive) and while very tasty it does not match the colour, texture or taste that I'm looking for. Any recipe I find on the web is similar enough to that that I really doubt it'll be much different.

Can anyone help? Do you have a good recipe you don't mind lending me?

Thanks!

updated by @mark-stickley: 04/16/15 09:51:56PM
Kerry
@kerry
11/30/12 09:50:26PM
288 posts
215 grams of hazelnut paste (not sweetened) mixed with 500 grams of tempered milk chocolate, cool down to about 27 degrees C or so before piping in to your shells. Let fully crystallize before backing off.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Mark Stickley
@mark-stickley
12/01/12 03:44:03AM
3 posts

Thanks! I'll try that out.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores