too much cream in a caramel

Nicole5
@nicole5
03/13/15 08:46:12AM
35 posts

I accidentally added an extra 75% cream than what was called for to a caramel I made recently.  While texturally it seems fine right now, I wonder if there might be any negative impact in the shelf life?  Perhaps it will just have better, richer taste?  Better 'stand up' quallity?  Would you use it?  Thanks!

updated by @nicole5: 04/09/15 05:38:36PM
LeonaAllen
@leonaallen
02/24/17 06:50:06AM
3 posts

I don't think that adding too much cream will affect your dish, but it will add more rich taste. I am also a very big fan of caramel and chocolate and try different varieties of dishes at home. Recently, while surfing on the internet I came across a blog here , which have many chocolate desserts. I always follow such kind of blogs for making deserts so that I don't get confused while making the dish.

GretaHass
@gretahass
03/30/17 12:20:09AM
22 posts

First there are a few forms that caramel will come in.  The most common is the individual blocks wrapped in cellophane.  Whereas these are the most economical ($1.98 for 14 ounces) they are also the most time consuming to use.  It takes time to unwrap each block and then of course, you can’t help but eat a few of them as you unwrap them – that’s just a given in my kitchen and should be in yours too.   Since they are larger blocks of caramel, they also take a little longer to melt.  So if you are more cost conscious than time conscious , these are the ideal caramels for you.  You can find these in the candy aisle.

Then there are the caramel bits – little balls of caramel.  These have been around for about 5 years but up until about a year or two ago, they could only be found in the stores during the holidays.  Now they are a constant on the shelf.   The bits are easy to measure out and use just what you need.   Of course, when I use them, I still sneak a few – just another given.  The caramel bits cost more ($2.98 for 9 ounces) but will save you lots of time by not having to unwrap them as well as less melting time.  So if you are more time conscious than cost conscious , these are for you.  The caramel bits can be found in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips.  flagen.se

maudlofq
@maudlofq
04/03/17 04:19:35AM
20 posts

Its okay,  I love caramel recipes anyways..

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • one month ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores