From David Lebovitz: Chocolate-Covered Caramelized Matzoh Crunch

Clay Gordon
@clay
03/31/09 06:24:53AM
1,680 posts
Seriously my friends, is there anything better than chocolate and toffee together? Especially when the toffee has a brown sugar-flavored buttery snap and luscious chocolate is smeared over the top so it hardens and melds with the crackly caramelized matzoh underneath. When a marriage is this good, a picture can only do partial justice to the love that exists between the happy couple.

Click for the recipe .

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/17/15 12:17:43AM
Ilana
@ilana
03/31/09 04:19:13PM
97 posts
yes it does look yummy. Maybe I should make some for our seder!!
holycacao
@holycacao
04/01/09 03:27:53PM
38 posts
If you want a pareve one, try coconut oil from the health food store. As an added bonus it tastes really good and if you sprinkle on some dessicated coconut (or the mixture of the two chocolates I gave you-if you still have peru) it goes really well with salt and a little chili pepper. Damn, now I'm going to have to make that I my seder too
Ilana
@ilana
04/01/09 04:34:13PM
97 posts
Is it possible to give me more exact instructions! Sounds fab! I am making green frogs and pyramids, too!!
holycacao
@holycacao
04/04/09 04:50:37PM
38 posts
just replace the butter with equal parts coconut oil, and follow directions as posted at lebovitz (above) adding shredded coconut and chili, zest of lime, you can go crazy with it because its just the topping on top of ....cardboard, I mean lechem oni!
Ilana
@ilana
04/05/09 07:50:54AM
97 posts
Ok! Excellent!! Can you BELIEVE those over on Tapuz?! They have no idea of the importance of place or chocolate! I hope I get time to make these matzos. I will use chipotle powder.
jean-francois Bonnet
@jean-francois-bonnet
04/07/09 09:11:23AM
4 posts
Hi Clay,there is product on the market similar to this ww.matzeltoff.com. it's pretty good! the also had a passover version but it's out of stock.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores