Floppy Ganash A Recipe Please

Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
12/20/11 05:26:15AM
83 posts

Hi, I was making someGlhwein truffles using Glhwein I made myself. Sadly it was one of my total disasters. I drained the fat off and stored the remaining glob of chocolate in the fridge. Today I thought I will grate it and use it to make something for ourselves. It turned out exceptionally tasty when I grated it. Now I sit will all the lovely grated chocolate that I do not want to waste by using it as chocolate chips, it's just too tasty you all the lovely Christmas tastes coming through and it is smooth, not at all grainy.

So, any ideas what I can do with it. I thought of the possibility of using it in a cassata-like ice cream. Any better ideas? It sitting there in my fridge and I do not want it to go to waste.

updated by @magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis: 04/10/15 06:42:56PM
Davy Asnong
@davy-asnong
12/20/11 06:14:36AM
19 posts

Why don't you make a cake or something and use this chocolate as topping, or use it in a cream ganache between the layers of the cake?

What recipe did you use? I love gluhwein, so I believe you as you say it a great taste :)

Magrietha Hendrika du Plessis
@magrietha-hendrika-du-plessis
12/20/11 07:20:39AM
83 posts

Thanks Davy. I think using it in a filling is the best idea. Here is the recipe I used to make the 50ml of gluhwein I needed.

50ml dry red wine, I used a good cabernet

t cinnamon

t cloves

all spice

1 orange rind

1 slice of lemon

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores