Please help a newbie who wants to mold solid chocolates

Donna Roesink
@donna-roesink
02/18/13 11:45:59PM
7 posts

I am very new and have some questions about what chocolate I should buy to mold Easter chocolates in vintage tin molds which I purchased on ebay. Should I be looking at couverture chocolate? Do I still need to temper it? I would like to purchase tempering machine, but see that the popular ones only do 1.5 pounds at a time, and they are a little out of my price range for an item that I would use not very often. Any information will be appreciated. If someone can recommend the best brand of semi sweet bulk chocolate, and also the vendor which has the best price, I would be very grateful.

updated by @donna-roesink: 05/12/15 07:43:18AM
Dave W
@dave-w
02/20/13 03:18:28AM
3 posts
You will need to couverture and you need to temper it if you want the essential snap, shine and shrinkage. From a tin mould? - that is going to take some practice and some very careful temperature control.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores