Seeking inspiration for pairing...

Thomas Snyder
@thomas-snyder
04/25/13 01:31:48AM
26 posts

So, I've got this really cool recipe in a book I got, and I really want to change it a bit to make it my own. The original is a teardrop shaped container made from white chocolate, filled with cranberry Bavarian cream and garnished with a chocolate rum sauce, cranberries and pistachio croquant.

Now, my idea is to use two of the containers (I have 2.5" acetate strips), and shape them into a yin-yang circle. I'd use a milk or dark chocolate for one and white chocolate for the other. With the cranberry Bavarian cream in the white shell, I need to come up with a flavor to fill the milk or dark chocolate half of the Yin-Yang. Putting dollop of whipped cream on top of the dark cream and a circle of the chocolate rum sauce on the cranberry cream will complete the look I'm trying to create here...

So, I'm looking for advice or inspiration as to what I should use to pair with the Cranberry Bavarian Cream. I'm thinking maybe orange in a dark chocolate Bavarian cream? Maybe pomegranate? I'm pretty new to all this, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

~Tom

updated by @thomas-snyder: 04/17/15 03:38:49PM

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores