Incredibly great flavors for chocolate!

Hank Friedman
@hank-friedman
08/27/13 11:56:04AM
9 posts

Years ago, I ordered some "natural organic" flavors from Natures Flavors (or one of their doorway websites) and was very disappointed because I found out that the flavors were not true extracts, e.g. blueberry from blueberries, but instead constructed by mixing esters extracted from a variety of plant sources and then formulated to mimic the flavor of actual fruits. The fact that my order arrived weeks late didn't help either.

Recently, another chocolatier alerted me to a source of actual cold-extracted organic (and incredibly concentrated) fruit, herb, and nut extracts that are simply excellent. The website is called Medicine Flower, and the link to the flavorings is: http://www.medicineflower.com/flavorextracts.html

They also offer wholesale pricing for manufacturers.

I've made truffles with 16 of their flavorings so far, and am stunned by the superb quality and authenticity of their concentrated flavors. My favorites are (in descending order, but all wonderful): blueberry, banana, elderberry, jasmine, guava, strawberry, raspberry, fig, plum, and black currant.

These are a priceless resource for the chocolate chef.

My highest recommendations!

updated by @hank-friedman: 05/03/15 06:13:28PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
08/27/13 10:38:13PM
1,680 posts

Hank -

Thanks for this recommendation. Good to know.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Jose Manuel
@jose-manuel
08/30/13 07:51:15AM
3 posts

I like this entire article and appreciate your work done on this subject. These are really incredible flavors for chocolate but some people like different flavor in chocolate. Like to know more flavor for " churreria chocolateria ".

[ From the moderator: Jose - Keep your comments on topic - your comment is actually SPAM because it is not on topic and it's promoting a business. Please refrain from doing this in the future - and BTW, there is a "do not follow" on links embedded in comments so this does not help your SEO. -- Clay ]

Hank Friedman
@hank-friedman
08/30/13 12:28:17PM
9 posts

If you visit the link I gave, you'll see all of their flavors, over 45 flavors in all!

It was interesting using 16 of their flavors in different batches of truffles. My blend of strawberry and guava was a big hit, while I didn't add enough elderberry to my mix of Jasmine and Elderberry the first time and so will try again. It was also amazing that some people loved flavors (e.g. Mango) that I thought were a bit mild.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores