low % butter commercial callets?

Drew E
@drew-e
06/29/14 02:53:15PM
5 posts
Does anyone know where to get a few pounds of preferably milk callets, low fat? I'm trying the ethyl cellulose experiment to bring the melting point up. Please.. I'm a geek and I must try this no matter how horrifying it sounds to your pallet. Any hints? Thanks
updated by @drew-e: 05/21/15 07:29:31AM
Sebastian
@sebastian
06/30/14 09:25:58AM
754 posts

How low in fat?

Drew E
@drew-e
06/30/14 11:38:41AM
5 posts
Ideally 12% mass lower or greater.. so around half the fat
Sebastian
@sebastian
06/30/14 09:04:49PM
754 posts

most of your standard milk chocolate is going to have about 12% liquor by default. you want a milk chocolate that has 1/2 the fat of standard milk chocolate? if so, while it's technically feasible, you're simply not going to find any supplier who has the knowledge or desire to do such a thing i'm afraid. about the lowest commercially available milk chocolate - finished fat level - that your'e going to find (assuming you want to enrobe or mold with it) will be about 28% ish.

Drew E
@drew-e
06/30/14 09:09:52PM
5 posts

Do you know which chocolate would be in that range?

Sebastian
@sebastian
07/01/14 06:34:10AM
754 posts

Call the fine folks at Cargill or Blommer and they can walk you through what their current offerings are..

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores