New Cocoatown Melanger squeaks

TC Conway
@tc-conway
04/12/13 10:43:00PM
2 posts
I just got a brand new melanger from Cocoatown, and gave it a test spin with a very small amount of sugar. It squeaks SUPER loud. Any ideas on how to quiet it down? Someone suggested to run it with veg oil. Any thoughts appreciated!Thanks.
updated by @tc-conway: 05/02/15 01:58:24PM
TC Conway
@tc-conway
04/13/13 09:11:03AM
2 posts
I hope I didn't mess this thing up.I decoded to put a little bit of canola oil in there and turned it on. After about a minute I slowly added some sugar. Finally I let it run for about 10 minutes. The high-pitched squeak has mostly subsided, except every once in a while. When I cleaned out the pure, there were a few little black specs, probably from the manufacturing process. It's hard to tell what they were.
Trelawnie mead
@trelawnie-mead
08/06/13 10:38:53AM
1 posts
I loosened the tension adjuster and it stopped the squeak on mine.Trelawnie
Steven Shipler
@steven-shipler
08/06/13 03:15:49PM
25 posts

Mine squeaked SO loud when I first got it aswell, I figured I would post so you know what I did and so you know you are not alone.

Honestly I didnt do anything different, I just dealt with the squeak and about 2 days later of grinding chocolate it went away and I havn't heard it since. It just needs to grind itself out essentially!

Steven

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores