Best way to melt Cacao Butter?

Steven Shipler
@steven-shipler
03/28/14 13:20:07
25 posts

Just curious what is the best way people have found to melt down the cacao butter without the use of water or a microwave?

Just looking to elongate the life of my grinders and I would rather it go in as a liquid than a solid!

Thank you so much!

updated by @steven-shipler: 04/10/15 09:13:32
Adam G.
@adam-g
03/28/14 17:10:34
20 posts
Oven, lowest setting.
Andrea B
@andrea-bauer
03/29/14 08:57:59
92 posts
Right on the cooktop - don't leave it unattended though. It melts quickly. I usually remove it when about half is melted and swirl it until the rest melts.
Gap
@gap
03/29/14 18:25:13
182 posts

Yep, I put mine in a saucepan and melt over a gas cooker/flame.

Steven Shipler
@steven-shipler
03/29/14 18:48:05
25 posts

And this wont burn it? Just put it on the lowest setting like Adam said for in the oven? I am more or less looking for efficiency and this may be quicker? I will have to try both I suppose!

So let it melt half way then pult it off and let it finish so it doesnt burn on the lowest setting?

Gap
@gap
03/29/14 21:10:24
182 posts
I let it melt 95% and pull it off. Never burnt it.
Steven Shipler
@steven-shipler
03/30/14 11:04:47
25 posts
So if I am using an electric stove top and a sauce pan just the lowest setting probably?
Gap
@gap
03/30/14 13:25:20
182 posts
I have mine on medium high and stir constantly. It melts quick. Just take it off when almost done.
Naomi Prasad
@naomi-prasad
04/03/14 04:46:46
5 posts

it has a melting point of 90 degrees. you can shave the desired amount from the block so it is very thin and will melt easily.

use a double boiler or a dehydrator

Gap
@gap
04/03/14 14:18:51
182 posts

That's a good point - I always chop mine before melting or use Mycryo which is in powdered form.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

kapil jain

kapil jain

kapil jain

@kapil-jain • 7 years ago

Chocolatevenue is an online chocolate store in India.We are specialized in customized chocolates  .Chocolates can be customized as chocolate message and chocolate bars.

You can get written your message on chocolates and can get customized your chocolate bars by selecting the desired ingredients.

for more details

colorchocolate

@colorchocolate • 7 years ago

FOR SALE / BARGAIN / FINE CACAO LIQUOR, COLOMBIA ORIGIN

Enjoy a delicious premium chocolate from the Boyacá region of Colombia, considered among the best in the world. We offer a 200 kilograms lot of pure origin cocoa liquor,  fair trade / ethically sourced. N o other ingredients added.

The price for this high quality product is as follows:

1 kg - US$ 13

100 kg - US$ 12 per kilo

200 kg - US$ 11 per kilo

Inquires: equalcolombia@gmail.com

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/colorchocolate#sthash.JFDWYFuK.dpuf

- See more at: https://www.thechocolatelife.com/community/forums/my_posts/18453/fine-cacao-liquor-colombia-origin#sthash.2pUq4Eu3.dpuf

Clay Gordon

@clay • 7 years ago

FCIA Recognition of Excellence Nominations close in one week:

Clay Gordon

The 4 Chocolatiers

@the-4-chocolatiers • 7 years ago

Two changes we made with the chocolate is that this time we winnowed the chocolate. This time we didn't use a blow dryer to melt the chocolate. Two improvements with the chocolate is that the melanger didn't get clogged this time and everyone put in work.