Cutting marshmallows

Corey Meyer
@corey-meyer
04/13/14 10:40:48PM
22 posts
We make our own marshmallows and enrobe them in chocolate. We have tried cutting them using a knife, pizza cutter and caramel cutter (6 blade rollers). All of them get sticky with marshmallow every pass. Does anyone else have any ideas? I considered a guitar but think the same thing will happen. We appreciate any help you can give.
updated by @corey-meyer: 04/10/15 09:20:04AM
Kerry
@kerry
04/13/14 10:52:55PM
288 posts

A friend who used to have a marshmallow business used drywall taping knives to cut hers.

I did take my guitar there one weekend they were producing and she found it useful to cut them.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Andy Ciordia
@andy-ciordia
04/16/14 01:53:28PM
157 posts

We use pizza wheels and knives to cut ours. Coat them (the marshmallows) liberally in cornstarch or as an alternative powdered sugar and you shouldn't have a problem.

Corey Meyer
@corey-meyer
04/16/14 02:00:24PM
22 posts
The problem we have is that the middle is very sticky and using the pizza cutter or a knife works for a cut or two. Then you need to wash off whatever your using. The part we coat in cornstarch and confec sugar is no problem. We appreciate the help from everyone!
Kerry
@kerry
04/16/14 02:06:43PM
288 posts

My friend also used a pizza wheel - but she was very picky about which ones she purchased - some worked well depending on the blade/handle configuration, others more poorly.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Larry2
@larry2
04/16/14 02:59:58PM
110 posts

We picked up a Chicago Metallic Marshmallow Cutting Wheel and it is fantastic. a light spray with oil/butter and away you go.

$10 well spent. :)

The blade is plastic and perforated.

http://www.amazon.com/Metallic-Marshmallow-Collection-Perforated-Non-Stick/dp/B00FVFQ46S

Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
04/16/14 03:05:31PM
86 posts

I would consider enrobing with chocolate twice. first time before cutting and second after. The chocolate creates a thin layer making it easier to cut. Otherwise, your marshmallow recipe might need to be firmer.(more gelatin perhaps)

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores