Chipotle in Chocolate

Eric Devlin
@eric-devlin
10/07/08 11:56:17PM
7 posts
Hi,Can anyone point out a starters guide for using chipotle in chocolate? Please keep in mind that I am VERY, VERY new at this.I recently purchased some decent chocolate and a variety of dried fruits. I made up a mix of cinnamon, brown sugar and chipotle. I covered the fruit in the chocolate and then sprinkled the mixture on top.The result was ok, but I wasn't completely happy. I was thinking about adding ancho. I was also thinking about adding the chipotle directly to the chocolate while it was melting.Any input would be appreciated.Thanks,Eric
updated by @eric-devlin: 04/23/15 03:40:15PM
Bruce Toy (Coppeneur)
@bruce-toy-coppeneur
10/09/08 01:43:21AM
15 posts
Coppeneur of Germany makes a Trinitario single origin bar from Trinidad thats flavoured with .015% habanero and .02% lavender oil. It's quite outstanding.I've read that chipotle goes well in hot chocolate or sipping chocolate.
Teresa Cordero Cordell
@teresa-cordero-cordell
10/09/08 11:19:56AM
13 posts
If you are going to add some type of chile powder or sauce, mix it into the chocolate for a smoother finish and taste. It will probably give you a "mole" type of flavor if you add too much though. So go easy with it at first. Taste test until you reach the taste you're looking for. You might want to try using a Mexican Chocolate.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores