Need help with tempering machine

chocolatlov
@chocolatlov
04/07/15 11:11:12PM
2 posts

I have JKV 30 tempering machine with rectangular tank and revolving disk. Can someone tell me how to use the machine without seeding or using table slabs methods?

Do I just heat up my dark chocolate to 131F, turn on the revolving disk and wait until the chocolate to cool down to 81F and then re heated to 88F?

Also, if I want to add untemper melted chocolate to my tempered chocolate. What temperature should the melted chocolate be before adding it to my tempered chocolate?

Thank you

updated by @chocolatlov: 04/09/15 08:18:09AM
Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
04/08/15 11:54:05AM
191 posts

The process you describe should work fine, but it will probably take a long time to cool. I don't believe the jkv-30 has any active cooling, right? Does it just circulate air around the tank? You could probably speed it up some by adding a fan on the chocolate.

chocolatlov
@chocolatlov
04/09/15 04:16:00AM
2 posts

Hi ben, no it does have any active cooling. And I think there are just heating wire wrapping under the tank. Ok will try to see if it works. Thank you 

Potomac Chocolate
@ben-rasmussen
04/09/15 08:21:21AM
191 posts

It should help, but it'll still take a long time. Making the room cooler, or pointing an a/c unit at the tank would help, too. Adding seed or tabling would be much quicker, though.

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores