fda production code help

Lynda Brent
@lynda-brent
08/19/15 10:19:31AM
11 posts

I've been informed by my FDA inspector, that starting in August next year (2016), all wholesale food companies need to have logs of all production codes that are used in a production batch of all products created for wholesale use.  So another words...Each time we create a small batch of truffles (for example) I have to keep track of the product code (and invoice number and date) of the chocolate used, the cream used, the flavorings used, and any other food item (cocoa butter, decorations) that are used to create that batch of truffles.  Then I need to give this one batch of truffle a production code that I create that somehow is all logged into a program (computer or paper trail) that I will be able to print out and hand all the files to the inspector when they come for inspection again.  I also have to keep track of which customer receives this batch of truffles.  It is like I need 1 person who does nothing but log in the production codes and keep track of everything on a computer program. 

Does anyone have a computer program to keep track of these production batches and make it easier to adhere to the new FDA guidelines? 

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores